PDA

View Full Version : VB .NET Class

angus_hines
02-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Was very good and interesting. I was the only SB customer present so I had the benefit of learning with and from Bill Y., Ted H., Ryan P., Scott, ...and I think they work for SB Jared and Bryan

One of the example we made was a GUI that you grab a dot inside a picture box and you can drag you machine around the table interactively.
If we had written the few extra lines of code the scroll wheel would have worked the Z.

We figured it would be great for those who still may feel a need to do some hand routing.

Ted H. went over some of the kool ways to interact directly with the machine using features in the registry.
And some of the interesting programing you can do inside the SB *.sbc files.

And Gary C. the answer is yes in about 20 minutes you can write that touch screen KB interface you want.

beacon14
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow, I'm sorry I missed that. Any chance of getting the notes posted or do you know if the class be held again?

angus_hines
03-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't know if they will have it again they were expecting about six and I was the only one to show.

Ryan can get the example files out to you but I dont know how much they would help.

He posted on of the examples here in the forum, which was a nesting feature you can tie directly into the SB software.

angus_hines
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
HEre is the link to the nesting program. But this is just the EXE not the code.

http://www.shopbottools.com/LabFiles/Nest_SB.htm

bill.young
03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
The source code is in that download now, so if you downloaded it before yesterday you'll need to re-download the zip file. We're also going to work on getting as much info as we can in the developer wiki at:

http://shopbotdev.pbwiki.com

There's not much there yet but hopefully in the next week or so we'll be adding more code samples and instructions.

Bill

bcondon
03-01-2009, 08:44 PM
SOOOOOO cool

robtown
03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry I missed that one too. I would be interested in this as well...