PDA

View Full Version : "Safe Z" on Drilling Tool Path

wegner81
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm working on a peg board panel display for a home show, nothing fancy just something quick to get the job done. The "Safe Z" height on a drilling toolpath is .125 default. My material has a slight bow in the middle so when I go to drill my holes with the low safe z height it cuts into my material on the move.
My question is there anyway to change the set Safe Z height on a drilling toolpath? and how?
I'm using Partworks and my material is a large sheet. Would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in advance.

gundog
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
You can change the safe Z on the tool path side of the drawing page by selecting material set up in part works. It is the first icon on my machine in the tool path box you will have to recalculate any tool paths you have made prior to changing the safe Z.

I found this function the other day when I was running a drilling path in some material that I had clamped to the table. I was worried about hitting the clamps between holes so I changed the Safe Z to 3". I then forgot to change it back to 1" or less and proceeded to make more drawings when I went to cut them man it was slow waiting for the machine to clear 3" for every cut. I can add this to my long list of mistakes I have made at least this one did not ruin any material or break anything.

Mike

wegner81
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Just the answer I was looking for, problem solved. Thank you Mike!

gundog
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
You are welcome I think this is the first question I have been able to answer for anyone. I have had a lot of help from the other guys on here so I am glad I could help someone else.

Mike