PDA

View Full Version : Need a New Computer

frank134
09-15-2009, 10:37 PM
So my current computer has crashed that I use to run my ShopBot. The one I had was a little over the system requirements that ShopBot recommended. I noticed that the code transfer speed was fairly slow. What systems requirements would you recommend to be able to run the ShopBot and run a few programs (Aspire, E-Cabinets,SketchUp)for touching up designs? This time I will not be connecting my computer to my network or the internet because I think the crash was related to a virus. All of my cut files will be transfered to the ShopBot computer via a USB thumb drive.

Thanks,
Frank

Gary Campbell
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Frank...
Of the 3 you mention, eCabinets is most likely the most resource hungry. IF you get a computer that does well with eCabs, most anything else will run great. Here is a link to the page: http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet_systems_recommended_computer_system.htm

(a thumb drive can also transfer a malicious file)
Gary

frank134
09-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Gary...
Thank gary. I new it would be you that answer. That what I figture but I wanted to be sure. yes I know that but their are better way to check for malicious files on the thumb drive and hope fully better way to stop them.
Thank again
Frank

cutitout
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Use Firefox or Google chrome as a browser. and don't use outlook or other email applications that downloads the mail to your PC, use a web based email like gmail. I do some deep surfing in some dark places and have never seen a virus after switching browsers and online emails.