View Full Version : Probe windows help

Johnny (Unregistered Guest)
07-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I am in need of help to get the probe to do 2d tracing arround an object. When i start it goes straight down not locating the sides.

Brady Watson
07-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Are you using the Windows or DOS version of the control software?

95% of the problems people have with the probe are a result of not choosing the right probe.sbp program. It sounds to me like you are using a 3D routine instead of a 2D one. You want to run either the s_prbpoly.sbp or s_prbdxf.sbp in DOS. If using Windows version, I believe that you are prompted to check off which kind of probing that you want to do.

When running the poly or dxf probe files under DOS control software, the probe will move towards the part in the Y-direction 1st. Be sure to read the instructions for each file if in DOS. Choose one that is for a normally open probe (SB probe)

NEVER run the Z_Zero routine on the probe...you will kill it.

Hope that helps,
-Brady

johnny (Unregistered Guest)
07-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I am using windows version 3.14 for prt's. There was only one file with the probe extension. There was an offset of either 2d or 3d. I tried both and the same result was the downward motion.

Brady Watson
07-14-2004, 11:50 AM
My previous post on what probe to choose is normally closed like the SB probe...not normally open.

I haven't used the probe in Windows yet. I know that the DOS version works every time I use it.

-Brady

bill.young
07-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi Johnny,

In the Windows software all the 2d and 3d probing routines have been combined into one Virtual Tool named the Copy Machine. You can run it by selecting "Tools" and then "Copy Machine" from the menu bar or typing TC at the command line. It should do just what you want.

Bill