PDA

View Full Version : Bad Z height

nat_wheatley
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Here's the scenario

Zero bit to table with zeroing plate. Load a file from the Shopbot link. Cut the first sheet of parts. All cuts are too shallow. The control software console displays the correct depth of cut (-.4mm), but the cuts are clearly too shallow as there is roughly a 1mm skin left on everything, where it should be cutting .4mm into the spoilboard.

Rezero. I have a zeroing plate located off of the cutting area, which is used this time. Run another sheet. Everything cuts fine.

Next sheet - all cuts too deep, by about the same amount they were too shallow the first time. It's as if the height discrepency was stored and reapplied.

Power off the machine, rezero, cuts fine for the rest of the sheets for that job.

This has happened several times, not often but it does happen. The difference in height does not appear to be consistant from one time to the other.

PRS Alpha. Control software version 3.6.1.

Anyone?

john_hartman
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Same issue...kind of. After cutting 3 sheets of same file the bit slowing drifted upwards...? This only came this one time when cutting the same file 3 times. I have other issues with the 3.6.1 and 3.6.5, but I'll start a new thread for those...

Gary Campbell
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Nat...
I had some issues with 3.6.1. Mostly using the VC command when drilling, but, nonetheless, Z related. Move up to 3.6.5 and see if it still happens.
Gary

nat_wheatley
10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks Gary, I'll give 3.6.5 a go.

Nat