PDA

View Full Version : Bit info needed

myxpykalix
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know who might make a 1/8th" endmill and or ballnose with a cutting shank that is at least 3/4" long and is NOT tapered?

I am cutting some molds for a guy who has "hard coded" the holes for the hold-together into the mold and I cannot get them seperated to toolpath them seperately.
It was done on some program on a linux machine and rather then trying to re-toolpath all the files, it seems a simpler thing is to get different tooling.
The problem is that when the tapered ballnose goes down to the bottom of the 3/4" hole it flares out the side of the hole because of the tapered bit.
Unless someone has a clever workaround the different tooling seems to be the easier answer.

mims
09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
MSC does.

gene
09-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Jack.
Will a rotozip bit work? They are 2 types . one with a guidepoint and one without. The cut length is around 1.5"

myxpykalix
09-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't think that rotozip bits are strong enough. I have broke my share of them just using them in general. I meant to call centurion to see if they have one but forgot.

changrudy
09-29-2009, 07:49 AM
I just bought a couple from kbc tools, part #1-3242bt-003. has 1" cutting length. Worked great for mdf molds too.