PDA

View Full Version : Normal shipping times?

joewino
04-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Since I sent my check in last Friday for my new ShopBot I have e-mailed three times asking for an approximate shipping date and have not received an answer yet.

About how long did it take for you to get yours?

I'm not looking for a definate day, just...does it take weeks, months, or what?

ed_lang
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
I think mine took about a month or maybe 5 weeks from the day I paid via credit card over the phone. Give it some time, it is a long wait but you can use the time to get the shop ready and the CAD/CAM training done. Get files ready to cut and help lined up to help put it together.

I also drove to Durham and picked up mine so I had no wait for the shipping, just getting it all ready.

Be sure to let us all know when you get it!

And of course pictures too!

andyb
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
It took mine 6 weeks to get here. Ordered the first of August '05 and got it the end of September '05. Took two week to get setup. A lot of the setup time was by myself. Definitely get help.

Andy B.

mikejohn
04-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Raymond
Are you building your own table? If so, get started

Download the software and start making files and cutting in simulation.

Beyond that, rent in a few movies and try to be patient.
We over this side also have the long wait of delivery by ship or extortionate air freight charges.

..............Mike

joewino
04-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I'm not really impatient...I knew that it would take awhile, but wanted to know if it normally was two weeks or six months.

Lots to do here - run a 220 line and get some space cleared out, plus get a dust collection system ready to go.

The table is coming with it, so no prep is needed there.

Thanks for the advice of getting familiar with the software. That's a good idea.

bob_lofthouse
04-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Raymond,

The hardest thing I found was once I'd got my machine built was having the bottle to cut something for the first time. The best advice I can give is jump in at the deep end.