PDA

View Full Version : Move/Jog problems

shawn394
10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I got my shopbot last week. PRTAlpha 144. Had it assembled by weekend, but had to wait for electrition untill Monday. Made sure everything was hooked up this morning, added the table boards and got ready to cut the plenum. But first I started to run through the "Taking a trial run" section in the manual. Then switched to the "Calibrating the machine" section, and discovered I had a problem. When I used for example, MX10, the carriage would move 40". Same thing with a MY#, and MZ# it would move at 4 times the input number (this caused a crash into the table a couple of times). But what really confused me about this was that when I used "JX10" it would move 10", same with the Y. Has any one else had any problems like this? I have an email into ShopBot support, but was wondering if anyone on the BB could help also. Thanks
Shawn

paco
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Shawn!

Your best help will be support. That said and until, the first thing I might try is to delete (or move to desktop if you got there any special setting that you wish to not loose) the shopbot.ini file (C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot\) and restart EVERYTHING; turn off the box a couple of sec., restart PC and restart SB3. I don't know if you are familiar with this but I would recommend to set the table limits and enable 'File limit checking' (VL command) before launching any moves and mostly jogs... that may avoid any crash like you've experienced... do you have limit switches installed?... if so, enable 'em.

Do you have the latest Alpha SB3 (which is 3.4.8)?

Hope this help... take your time; don't rush things... and keep the smile!

Brady Watson
10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Shawn,
Alphas are pretty much plug & play. It sounds to me like you are running the software for a PRT machine...check to be sure, or download the software on the SB site for the ALPHA tool and reload.

-Brady

shawn394
10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Well it seems that I was sent an alpha with a non alpha control box. They are over-nighting new cables to change out in the control box. We shall see if this is the fix. I would really like to actually cut out something.

Shawn