PDA

View Full Version : E-Chain Specs

bstern
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi all, my wire support broke yesterday and I am going to replace it with E Chain. I have 2 Zs and and air drill.

My question is: How far apart do I need to keep the Spindle power cords from the control cables? This will determine the inside width of the carrier.

I always hated the look of the acrylic thing anyway. Looks like $150.00 or so for the upgrade.
Form me, its worth it just for the aesthetics. Ha Ha

dubliner
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
The Shopbot supplied one is 2.25 interior dimensions. I have a 3inch ID from Igus & never had an issue.

Gary Campbell
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Bob...
I use one that is 3 7/8 wide from McMaster. I have wiring similar to your requirements, plus a few. Space is always limited, so I used the air hose to separate spindle wires form the low voltage wires and wire tied them for maximum separation.
Gary

jhicks
05-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I have about 8 or 10 feet of excess EZ chain if you're interested. Not sure what i paid for it but would be happy to discount it 20% if you're interested, drop me a note for specifics, sizes, pt numbers etc

khaos
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I used 4" echain with shielded stepper wires. power on one side control on the other without issue.

bstern
05-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Amazing Service!!!!!

I sent an email request to IGUS to get some help specing a chain.

They sent out a rep who looked at my machine, noted the size and manufacturer of all cables.
He then checked the specs of all cables.
Sent me a quote for, get this, $103.00.

The rep spent more in travel time than I paid for the product.

I ended up ordering a 3 1/2" by .98" chain with separators to make 4 compartments.
(2 spindles and Air Drill)

Amazing service!