PDA

View Full Version : Eight Urinals

zorlack
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Nothing to see here (http://flickr.com/photos/zorlack/2979179111/), please move along. :-)

They took about 12 minutes each. Had the feed rate at 6"/sec. SB3 kept me from setting the speed any faster. Probably good since I don't want to start skipping steps.

Anyone run their older Standard bots any faster than this?

brucehiggins
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Fake urinals mounted on a bar! That's asking for trouble. Has this been thought all the way through? A drunkards dream if I ever did see one.

jhicks
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Now thats one crazy idea. What are they cut in? HDU? 6"/sec is pretty good for an old PRT. I have been there with HDU and table surfacing but wouldnt go there with wood or harder. Not that the program cant go there. My biggest concern is motors so HDU is all I would venture there with.
Nice and crazy idea but I agree with Bruce. This is a nightmare waiting to happen but good for you! leave it to designers to come up with these cutsie ideas.

zorlack
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah... also, they're "uncomfortably" close... its awkward.

If I didn't put them on the back side of the bar I'd have had to build another concave surface... nah, my way's easier.

-D

jhicks
10-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Are those made with the pink foam? How will you finish them? That stuff certainly can be cut well at those speeds as your photo testifies.

zorlack
10-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Finish will be pretty simple, we'll just sand, prime and paint!

They're on the concave side of the bar, so they're somewhat protected, but we'll have to devise a system to keep them ding-free.

At least it'll only take 12 minutes to cut a new one

-D

curtiss
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Are you going to install the little divider panels ??
Seems like some privacy would be nice.

woodworx
10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
http://www.smooth-on.com/Styrocoat%3D-Spray/c1287/index.html?catdepth=1
this will harden your pink foam..

zorlack
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Hehe that stuff will indeed harden foam... though to be honest it scares the pants off me. It seems to be a aerosol binary coating... like spray-on Bondo... the very thought makes me want to put on two or three respirators :-X

Curtis, we started to put up the dividers (made out of the scrap foam left over from the urinals) but there wasn't enough space. Truthfully I don't think the men in this show are that self-conscious, since during the bathroom scene they're all singing over their shoulders while they "go". Hehe

-D