View Full Version : Resarting file

kubotaman
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Can someone please tell me how I can restart a file on a certain line in ShopBot? Say I am cutting and you discover the bit has become dull. I would want to stop cutting the file and then start over where I had left off after changing to a sharper bit. Just an example, but I don't know how to resart in a certain place without going and restarting the file from the beginning.

bleeth
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
When you pause the file (hit spacebar) You need to record the line number where you stopped. When you restart, you move the bit to the x,y co-ordinates in that spot and then use the Go To command in the file menu to start from where you stopped. If you are just cutting out parts then this is an easy one. If you are running a long 3-d file you can get into trouble if you do not re-zero your Z just right.

joe
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I think Dave is correct. If only SB was like other controll software, you could start and stop with a pause and start key. I can't figure out why they haven't mastered this function, making is fast and easy. It's needed all the time.

bleeth
04-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Joe: I'm not familiar with operating Mach software but as long as you are not moving your gantry around in between your pause and restart you can do that in the same screen in SB.(This is more for Daryl-I'm sure you already know this). It is when you move the gantry, change bit, re-zero, and return that you have to do a complete pause/quit action and then Go-to/Restart. Warning: If you are not above the spot where you want to restart and your z position for the line is below the material face the bot will do a 3 axis move to get there. Many have learned the hard way this is a great way to screw up a project.

joe
04-27-2009, 08:14 AM
That's correct Dave. With Mach you push the pause button, then the tool change button and she marches over to the tool change area. Then it's the start button again gets you back where you left off.