View Full Version : Cross Hatch Vector Pattern in Artcam or Flexisign?

Call-Tech
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I have been doing some glass etching with 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. I love the tool and it does nice work in glass and mirrors.

However every now and then I run into a vector that would look better with a filled area for a more sand blasted look. I have not been able to figure out how to place a crosshatch or lined pattern fill in a vector area with either Artcam or Flexisign. I tried to manually create a cross hatch pattern in flexi, but when I exported as DXF file and imported into Artcam for tool pathing, Artcam complained about intersecting vectors and would not let me tool path file. Artcam is constantly complaining about vectors from my sign library. Shows hundreds of loops and overlaping vectors all the time and its vector doctor does not seem to repair them. the same vectors cut fine on my vinyl cutter. Those microscopic loops would not affect most of my CNC cutting either.

Does anyone know how to create a cross hatch or lined vector fill pattern in Flexisign?

Does anyone know if it is possible to make Artcam ignore vector problems and force it to make toolpath? (Machine along Vector)

-Fred

steve4460
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Group lines going in one direction , then group the other onse in the other direction , and then make seperate toolpaths for each one . when using the vector Dr. uncheck keep original vectores , and it shuld fix your problems . I hope that makes sense to you .

Stephan www.windwardsigns.com (http://www.windwardsigns.com)