PDA

View Full Version : Vectorclip3D

phil_o
04-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Has anyone tried this 3D clip art site? http://www.vectorclip3d.com/

bcondon
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes, I purchased the use of the site for $250.
I downloaded all of the objects and built my own library.

A few things I saw was you can only download any object two times in the year. When I was downloading, I had winzip issue every now and then and it would fail SO I would down load it again and drop the wireless line... then you are stuck. I did not like that.

---

On downloading the library, I found that some objects were the same as other objects with different names... except when you down load it as A.rtf and then again as B.RTF... (that is 2 downloads) and it has a third name, you get a failure.

Also noticed that their database had some issues that you would pick a name and it downloaded something else...

===

OK... I am a QA guy in the software world...

SO what I did was go to download it and use the SAVE button to a directory on your machine.
One on your machine, double click on the file to uncompress it with winzip...

I looked at a few of the files and they were fine

I now have everything saves onto a DVD and also online. about 5G of files

phil_o
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Bob. Did you contact the people who run the site regarding the problems you had?

gerryv
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Seems like they could be easily confused with James Booth's site

bcondon
04-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Phil,

Yes, I sent them a list of files with incorrect names and was able to download them correctly a couple of days later. They also reset the number of downloads on a couple of files.

every now and then, I look to see if there are additions but there is no easy way to see what is added except by eye...

I have an excel sheet with a table of contents by subject matter.