PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help guys.

handh
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello to all of my shopbot friends.

It has been the worst week of my life. My wife and I lost our son on this past Sat. He was killed in Afghanistan. I'm sure most of you have seen it the news but don't know that he is my stepson. He is Phillip A. Myers and he will be so deeply missed, he was such a hero. He has received 2 bronze stars, and top airman which is the highest honor than a non commissioned officer can receive. Please keep my family in your prayers and thoughts. He will be buried in Arlington on April 27th.

Here are a couple of links if anyone is interested in learning more about our son.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local_other/article/MYER061_20090405-234603/249712/

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/military/article/HOPE07_20090406-222303/250466/

http://static.mgnetwork.com/rtd/slideshows/20090407hope/index.html

Jeff Hamilton

cnc_works
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Donn

robredick
04-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Words will never be enough.

All that I can say is thank you and every military family for your sacrifice.

harryball
04-08-2009, 10:20 PM
No words I have can be of any use, all I can say is you have my sincerest condolences and appreciation for you son's service. That seems so inadequate.

If you have a charity or organization close to you or you know was close to your son, please let me know and though it may be modest I would be happy to make a donation in his name.

myxpykalix
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
God Bless him....

beacon14
04-09-2009, 01:05 AM
I cannot imagine how empty and sad you must be feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

tmerrill
04-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Jeff,

Thank you for making us aware of your loss. We are all family here. As a retired mililary member, it hits hard.

Two thoughts that may help. First, your son will be serving his country, and all of us, forever now.

Second, when faced with a similar situation, I found peace in designing and making the best memorial my skills would allow. It hangs today in the family's house.

Tim

ed_lang
04-09-2009, 07:51 AM
The Lang family will keep your family in our prayers.

I am lost for words right now.

mmccue29
04-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

zeykr
04-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

We all appreciate very much what he has done for us.

pwbell
04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
My family also appreciates very much what he has done for us! Our prayers are with you all!

gene
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Words can never truely express the sadness for your loss. God Bless you and your family

khaos
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
God Bless him and your entire family. I appreciate the sacrifice your family has made.

GlenP
04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the sorrow and pain you and your family must be feeling but please accept my condolences and you are in our thoughts and prayers. His sacrifice is for all of us everywhere and we must remember these brave men and women for their courage and bravery. God Bless you and your family in these difficult times and we (shopbot family) are here for you if you need to us.
Take Care my friend and fellow botter.

bstern
04-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Jeff,

I am also, at a loss for words. His sacrifice, for us all, was so great. I will keep him , you and your family in my prayers.

If you need anything in Charlotte, please let me know.

pappybaynes
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
All gave some, some gave all. Jeff, Susan and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. He fought and died that others may be free...no greater sacrifice, that a man lay down his life for another. It is people like your son that have given us the freedoms we enjoy every day. We thank you for raising such a fine young man, that gave all.
Blessings to you and your family,
Dick

handh
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys,

Each and every thought and prayer means so much to me and my family.

ken_rychlik
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
You are in my prayers as well. My 20 year old boy is on the way home from college now ,,, I can't imagine the feelings you have going through you. Take care and God bless.

Kenneth

robert_a
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Jeff; sometimes I take things for granted, reading this post I realized how precious life is. We pray that God will hold you and your family close during this time of need and I will continue to lift you up.
Robert

robtown
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Jeff my younger brother was almost killed by an IED outside Fallujah in 2004 . His story ended better. He's now flying Cobra's in Afghanistan.

God bless you and your family.

butch
04-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Jeff
Because of your post, I know your son will be in my thoughts from time to time.
I know it is difficult, but I appreciate you posting those sites.

God bless..
Butch

bcammack
04-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Jeff,

It is difficult for me to respond to your post as I feel that I should either say nothing or a lot. I will attempt to split the difference.

I know from experience that outliving your child is one of the worst things that can happen to you. I always try to counsel new parents that we don't really own our children. They are ours to love and to raise, hopefully, but they can be taken away from us at any time, so it is important to always remember this so you don't ever have to deal with the regrets of either having said too little or too much to them while they were with you.

After a while, the numbness will pass and the pain will become tolerable and you will build a place inside yourself to keep it so you can continue to function. There will never be a day though, that you do not think of him for one reason or another and you will hurt a little bit. I know I think of mine every day and it'll be ten years this December.

Always remember, in the face of eternity, you will be together far longer than you will be apart.

I am grateful to your son for his service and sacrifice on my behalf. I hope that some day cynical old men will stop sending brave young men off to fight and die for their aspirations.