View Full Version : Cabinets for the Garage....

mitchjr
07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I finally painted the garage after 6 years of building my house. I just wanted to see if anyone had some cabinet files they would share with me. I want to hang them up along the walls. I really do not care about size. I am just going to cut out as many as I can hang. I wanted to use 3/4" cabinet grade plywood. This would just save me some time on the designing.

Thanks......

bleeth
07-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Mitch: My cabinet files are designed for using a 5mm bit and I only cut the sides on the bot. You can download the free version of cabinet parts pro. and do the job with a 1/4" bit and cut all parts. You can then size them however you want. If you want files from me e-mail me and I will let you know what I have ready to go. I can toolpath for 1/4"bit in a minute or two so no big deal.

cip
07-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Mitch: If you send me the spacifics on what you need, quantity and size, I'll send you the files.

Mike

Gary Campbell
07-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Mitch...
I very seldom even draw a cabinet component any more. I wrote a file, that uses my ever so clunky menu systems, to input variables that allow you to profile cut, dado, drill for hinges, draw slides and assembly screws for any rectangular cabinet part. Input takes less than 2 minutes. I also have ones that cut & install pocket screws, Hafele lever legs, hanging slots and screw slots. You are welcome to test it(them).

Be aware that all the drill files are brand specific and written for a drill, not router.
Gary

paul60
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi Gary
I am courious about the files you wrote,
i also make cabinets i have made files for top and bottom cabinet sides with the shelf holes, and holes for conformat screws.
but i have no way to input variables for different sizes. i have been looking for some way of getting this done.
hoping you can share some information on this with me.
thanks paul

jharmon
07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Gary,

You mentioned Hafele. I've been designing some cabinets and would love to use Hafele hardware. What's a good source for these without buying 1000 piece boxes?

Thanks
Jim

jamess
07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Dave, I am just about to start using my bot in the next month or two doing cabinets so I would like to talk and check out your files.

Gary Campbell
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Paul...
Send me an email with a phone # (put shopbot in the subject line so it gets thru) to: islaww(at)comcast(dot)net and we can talk about it

Jim...
from Hafela US. You need to open a professional account there (just the usual stuff, tax ID# etc) and the you can order online. They ship fast and I havn't run into any ridiculous minumums. http://www.hafele.com/us/
Gary

bleeth
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
E-mail me off-line James

jharmon
07-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Gary,

Any hope for non-professionals needing to acquire Hafele hardware?

I don't have a tax id but I do have 11 closets I want to build melamine organizers for on the 'bot and the only way to go is with those hangers and modular connector fittings.

Thanks
Jim

Gary Campbell
07-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Jim...
I can only guess that someone out there is selling Hafele on the net. I was not able to find a supplier here in S FL for it, and was forced to the net. Have you tried going thru the 50 pages of google to find one? Try to open an acount there...most online retailers want customers...
Good luck, Gary

bleeth
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Consumers can register and purchase through Hafele online. Go to Hafele.com and register.

Gary Campbell
07-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Dave...
Thanks for the save...I thought I said that...
Gary