PDA

View Full Version : Leasing Information

red (Unregistered Guest)
05-14-2004, 12:37 PM
I've emailed ShopBot a few times, even called them once about getting some information about leasing a ShopBot. I do realize they are a bit busy with the alphas.

The guy I spoke with was going to email me information, since ShopBot doesn't handle leasing internally. But I haven't received any emails. Anyone know the specifics?

beacon14
05-14-2004, 05:31 PM
I suspect this is something you would have to work out with a leasing company. There must be a thousand to choose from - I used to get 2 calls a week from leasing companies wanting to know if was in the market for any equipment.
Once you qualify with the leasing company (essentially, you pass a credit check and sign your life away), they will send ShopBot a check. As far a ShopBot is concerned, it's just another purchase.
Just curious, why lease instead of finance? My first experience with leasing was also my last - I'll never do that again.
Good Luck in any case,
David B.

red (Unregistered Guest)
05-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I was just looking into it because ShopBot mentioned it on the site. Maybe they had a good deal with a specific company.

I will probably just finance it.

Thanks for the reply though.

pappy
05-14-2004, 11:05 PM
red

I got mine on a lease and it has worked out great. The stickler is that most leasing companies will remit the amount upon your receipt of the product in good condition. Not so with a ShopBot. ShopBot insists on payment in full (at least the last that I knew ) before shipping. I went to my bank and asked for a business lease and got it ( at a lower rate I might add ). I explained the situation (with ShopBot) to them and they cut two checks, one to ShopBot and the other to the local steel co. for the steel to build my table.

weslambe
05-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Buy the ShopBot. Get a second mortgage on your house to do it too. You will have the mortgage interest to write off and this is the last year that you will be able to 100% depreciate certain business items. Turbotax had it listed as a 179 deduction and the entire amount was deducted! Check with your tax person, but come January, it will be gone and probably forever.

BUY, BUY, BUY!

It's one of GWB's programs to stimulate the economy. You can write off a SUV if it's over 6000 lbs for goodness sake.

Wes