PDA

View Full Version : Looking for wildlife 3D scenery

wegner81
01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I am lookig for some wildlife 3D scenery for a project at my own house. I've looked in Vector art 3D and 3D model club and didnt find any that I thought I liked. Can someone point me to some other sources that they have used. Thanks for any help. Kevin

oscarg1971
01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't forget the guys @ VectorArt 3D do design if it is something in particular you are looking for. -Oscar

rcnewcomb
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Check with James Booth at Carve3D.com (http://www.carve3d.com)
He has done some custom work for us and is excellent.

erik_f
01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
done in aspire off google image took 10 minutes...I'm sure I could do a lot better with some effort.

tparr
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Can you tell us a little more about the steps you took to do this very nice piece?

erik_f
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Literally I grabbed the first image off Google images...granted it was workable. Saved it. Imported the bitmap into Aspire. Used the convert bitmap function. And then applied smoothing and toyed with the height. If I were to actually try this could turn into a very nice piece. The modeling tools could be used to dress up individual areas to make it smoother and better defined

erik_f
01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't have very much experience with painting programs but have considered your idea, but haven't had much use for one up until I started playing around with Aspire. I only of the standards Corel and Adobie...anything good, cheap and easy out there? I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think it applies to the topic. Thanks Jack.

myxpykalix
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Eric,

I know this was a demonstration image but from a artistic point of view i'd like to offer a few suggestions. I would take my image into a paint program and paint/clone away all the background leaves and images around the antlers and head of your deer so it looks flat like on the other side of the tree and you can create a continuation of the hillside. By doing that you give your head and antlers definition and detail and they don't get lost in the background when you go to use whatever 3d program.

wegner81
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I do not have Aspire yet with the slow down in my area. I find it hard to swing right now. I am just starting to market my carving abilities and thought I could make something for my own house that I could show to my customers. The moose picture that you have used for the example is just what I am looking for.

myxpykalix
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
This was done from scratch (a line drawing is a scratch right?) and modeled in Lightwave. Currently it is saved as a .lwo what do you use to make toolpaths? What type of files will it accept?

erik_f
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
If you want I can make you some files if you send me some JPGs you want to try

wegner81
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Jack Right now I use partwork 3D to manipulate the files that I am going to carve. LWO file is on the excepted list for partsworks 3D which is lightwave, so far I have just gotten files from vector art 3D I think STL. Like I said before I am a little green when it comes to the 3D carving but its sure fun thinking of all the possibilities. again thanks for any help or advice Kevin

tmerrill
01-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Kevin,

Partworks 3D is the same as Vectric's Cut3D.

You might consider also posting your request on Vectric's Forum in the Cut3D area.

Tim

wegner81
01-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks Erik

I may take you up on that yet. What type would be best Color, Black and white, pencil sketch? I'll do some digging on the net when I hear back from you. The moose one Jack showed fits the decor of my house. The carving will be used for screen door panel for the front of my house. Thanks again Kevin

erik_f
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Higher resolution is better, crisp, clean pictures are best with good contrast. The less complex the picture the less chance of things looking garbled. Black and White or Color doesn't matter as much and resolution, crispness, and good contrast. See what you can find it won't take me long to turn them into models. I'm still pretty new with Aspire so I look at this as practice.

myxpykalix
01-26-2009, 09:14 PM
here is what i started with. Email me direct kevin.