View Full Version : Desperately need help with Extruder Problem

cedars
05-19-2009, 06:43 PM
A contractor came in today and requested five profiles of molding be made. I said sure I can make it on the Bot. I have spent 3/4 of my day trying to get the simulator to make the profile face the ceiling rather than the table top. I tried the flipper program and that sent it every way but what I needed. I tried rotating the image in Partworks then do the tool pathing. I can't figure out what I am missing. I did one the first time and it worked. All the others, the profile that I want cut is facing the table top.

c_kling
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
steve did you get the help you needed maybe i can help email me

cedars
05-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, this is the end of four very long days of pulling my hair out but I believe I have conquered the task and the Bot is making molding.

Thanks anyway!

wberminio
05-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Glad it worked out Steve.
I may be asking you for advice!

Erminio

cabindoors
05-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I cut molding on my shopbot a lot and never had problems. I simply draw the the profile in turbocad, convert it into 3d (found in the properties), save it as a .3ds file and open it in Aspire.

bob_s
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Tom;
I need to make some stock for picture frames - basically just a really deep (and fancy) molding with a rabbit on the back. What kind of bit would you suggest to try and keep the machine time to a minimum. I have done some with a 1/4 inch ballnose - it looks great, but it was sure good that it was for family use - as the time made it 'non profit'. I have been wondering if using profile bits on a path (V carve style) would cut the time down enough to make up for the bit changes and registration issues? some of the design that I want to make needs bot capability, so straight router table or molder won't work. Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated.
thanks