PDA

View Full Version : Spindle set up

hicketts
02-21-2008, 07:03 PM
We just received our PRS standard machine this week, at our school, it was supposed to have a 4hp 3ph spindle. I think they screwed up, the white wire is clipped on the cable as if it was supposed to be 1ph, and the spindle has a rating of 3 khw. Has any one else had this happen to them. Moreover we were missing the hex head bolts for the x rails. The x proximity switch was not tapped right. There was no usb driver with it, so I used the web site to down load the driver. I don't know but it seams to me that some of the engineering could be improved fairly easily, for example the controller wiring seams very fragile, and very easy to break. Don't get me wrong I love the machine and already love playing with it, but the directions are murder to follow. I guess I am just venting, but it's pretty hard explaining to a group of kids why these simple things are not right.

Brady Watson
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Contact ShopBot support either via telephone: 1-888-680-4466 or via contact form: http://www.shopbottools.com/req_techsupport.htm

Support does not monitor this board.

-B

knight_toolworks
02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
I asked the same thing and your spindle is 4hp. my hsd is the same one. the driver is usually in the controller box.