PDA

View Full Version : SB3 - Which version can I go back to

dubliner
03-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm having problems with stalling in the same spot in a file, spindle on/off, DC on/off, or any combination. I'm thinking that would be lightning striking in the same place every time. I have a PRS A with 4.5 spindle, can I go back a few versions to try? & which one is the most stable? tx Neville

signtist
03-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Does this job run completely through in the PRIVEW?

bill1
03-15-2008, 04:55 PM
How big is your file? It may be to big and have to be split.

dubliner
03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Its a small enough file, it does run in Preview without a hitch( I wondered about that ) but thought it coincidental.Its happening in files I received & designed, but in the same location each & every time in the same file. It seems to have happened in 3.5.3 & 3.5.5
(Did I miss 3.5.4?)

dubliner
03-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Update, not the one I want, but...
Removed the DC hose, the spindle power, the prox switched, tried SB3 beta & every combination thereof & still can get the files to stall in the same spot each time.Have to Cntl-Alt-Dlt, & shut down SB to regain use of the computer. If I FG to the line in the Notification alert or a few before I can get it to complete. Have a call in to TS also - just in case anyone else is having the same issues - Neville

Brady Watson
03-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Have you tried to regenerate & save out a fresh copy of the toolpath? I know sometimes this has happened to me, regardless of version, and it was caused by something in the CAM software, not necessarily SB3.

-B

dubliner
03-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Brady, It seems like its every other file I make in VCP that goes wonky. Grant did a copy & paste of a file that was driving me crazy & it seemed to work( his theory was that a pasted copy of the text file somehow rewrote the data & corrected the glitch - sounds like what youre suggesting - however I didnt watch close enough I guess coz I couldnt replicate his repair. Would running the file from a different line in it be the same file or an amended one?. This seems to "fix" things but I cant tell which file is going to clang, so thats no good. Now you have me wondering if running VCP on a Mac in Parallels is leaving some kind of remnant or oddity in the SB file?? I'll see if I can do it all on a PC & see if get the same problem. Clarification, I did bring some emailed VCP down to the shop on a stick, and worked on VCP al on a PC & they failed too. So my failure rate seems to be 50/50 both Mac & PC

harryball
03-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Nev, If you are running arcs, try running with inches only in VCPro or vice versa. I'd be interested in knowing if that has any effect.

I'm running 3.5.5 and many of my files began dwelling on turns too much. I have to run conservative numbers for ramping now, files that ran just fine before with the aggressive settings now slow to a crawl and burn the work.

I ran my bat house files (which I've run hundreds of times) with the same settings I'd used in 3.5.3 and noticed the same problem, it slows to a crawl going around the turns. The problem is... even going back to 3.5.3 didn't fix the problem so I don't know what to make of it.

/RB

Gary Campbell
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
For those that may know...
Looks like time to retoolpath. I can see nothing wrong, however, similarities... hmmm alway after a G code circle?

M3,17.948460,5.894782,-0.100000
CG, ,18.200417,5.972286,0.209124,-0.231541,T,1
M3,18.027349,6.230987,-0.100000

dubliner
03-17-2008, 08:47 PM
OK while I'm still lucid.. it is the 17th.
I spoke to Frank on this issue and his observation was that in some cases, a Z speed at or below .1(point one) had caused errors like mine. That was my problem( although I received the file so the Z was set, somehow it remained as a setting as I created other files ) I modified the Z settings & then ran every file that had crashed & every one ran fine without hesitation. So definitely a Happy St. Pats :-)