PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Z offset is twice what it should be

toddmaci
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
My 2nd Z offset is twice what it should be? I am running the latest control software 3.6.5. I am using the "sample_Set2SpindleOffsets.sbp" My machine has not changed. Used to be 7.228,now it is 14.723. Any ideas . I have a PRT Alpha with 7.2 motors

Thanks,

Todd

Gary Campbell
09-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Todd...
Are you saying that your offset is twice the VALUE? or the position when used appears to double what you expect?

The **spindleoffset file has a " *-1" (gender change) at the end. if you were needing a negative number, you would now get a positive & visa versa.

What software are you using to toolpath? There is some "gender" differences beween the postP's of Delcam and Vectric software and between the PRT and PRS.

IF you answer the above I can give you a fix.

Gary

toddmaci
09-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Gary,
Thanks, I got it worked out. For some reason I had bad unit values( don't know how). After I reselected my machine they were fine. Have you noticed that the stock postprocessor for second Z writes the ON to input 1 rather than 2? I fixed the code manually but was wondering what others have done.

Todd

Gary Campbell
09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Todd...
There are a few minor glitches in the postP's. Mostly in the ones that are for the 2nd head. Like you I have modified them to fit our use.

Glad to see you are running.
Gary