PDA

View Full Version : ADVERTISING

coach
09-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Had this plate a year. I thought it may help advertise. I finally had an inquiry last week at H.D. parking lot. Received a deposit for a small cabinet job today. Covered the cost of the plate.lol

myxpykalix
09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
just think what might happen if you have a sign on your truck? I have on occassion jotted the name and number from a truck on lowes parking lot.

wberminio
09-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Dave

My truck lettering has been my best investment yet!
People say, "I keep seeing your Trucks!"
I only have ONE truck!
Just picked up a job while I was unloading closet parts on a job.Woman saw my truck and slowed downed,turned around,then came up to me.

Anytrhing that helps!

harryball
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
I used to run a computer repair shop and preferred onsite repairs. More money, less space to rent etc... We did have a retail store and I used my small S10 pickup to do onsites. Business at the shop was ok but onsites were stagnant. I tried everything including newspaper ads and yellowpage listings etc...

Finally... I bought a plain white Astro Van, lettered it up and put "08" on the sides in front.

No kidding... we had 10 times more calls in 2 weeks than I'd had in the 3 months prior. Until we got too busy, I'd go park in front of places so it looked like I was working, stay about 30 minutes and go somewhere else. That was my advertising campaign. :-)

The appearance of success can often help lead to success.
/RB

carlhopkins
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I have my logo on the side of my trailer, I think I will go for a ride every day and see what happens. It is parked backed up here and no one can see it at all. The only time anyone has called they wanted a job but at least it was seen.
I had thought of that once when going to a job site and saw a sign that said no soliciting of any kind.
I have not see a no cruising sign!
Good idea Robert.
Carl

coach
09-15-2009, 09:14 PM
I have driven 100's of miles with a v carved sign mounted in the back of the truck. I got 1 call.
I think Rob has the idea right. Need to park somewhere.

blackhawk
09-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I am unlucky like David M. I have been driving around with nice magnetic signs on my truck for over a year. I have gotten only 3 calls based on someone seeing my truck. The 3 calls resulted in zero sales.

wberminio
09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Maybe your driving in the wrong places.

Though,I did get a call from someone a few years ago.
He saw my truck in Manhattan-He lived in 145th St(Harlem)
No street parking
He needed a small Formica Ctop,Lived in 4th floor walk up (no elevator)

I passed on that job

knight_toolworks
09-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I wonder if it would work on my bicycle?

wberminio
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Steve

You'll definitely attract attention!