View Full Version : Shopbot vs machine tool camp?

saileric
01-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I am currently trying to decide between a PRT and a make it yourself from machine tool camp. Has anyone had any experience with this other company? should i stick with a shop bot and all the available help?

Thanks !

beacon14
01-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I vote for ShopBot

Brady Watson
01-13-2004, 12:06 AM
I Second that vote...

You will never regret purchasing a genuine ShopBot.

-Brady

magicfarm@usa.com
01-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Eric,

Dude, if you want to make something just for the joy of saying "I assembled it myself, every nut bolt and circuit board!" then maybe the machine camp is the way to go.

But if you plan on actually using the tool as part of a bussiness or to make money, think ahead. What are you going to do if you are in the middle of a big project and you flip on your machine and nothing happens, lets say you got hit by lightning and you thought a surge protector was going to protect you. Who is going to be on the phone with you in a blink to sort through the aftermath. Who is going to get your control unit fixed the same day they get it and have it back to you the next, without saying (Sorry Dude, tough luck but you need all new and it's going to run you "KA-CHINGGG!", hope you had insurance.) Who's going to get you back in the bussiness of supporting your family?

I'll give you a hint, it won't be the 27 different people you bought all the pieces-parts from to build a machine camp design.

2 1/2 years later,
no regrets, great machine, great people, fantastic company.

Keith Simmerer

Bill Kronmueller (Unregistered Guest)
01-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Buy the bot. I looked at both. I even purchased the plans but I bought the bot. It will cost you at least $5000 bucks for youto buy the parts (per their price sheet) then you need to assemble it. I'd rather be making money now than assembling a machine for months.