PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut??

myxpykalix
01-22-2007, 08:02 AM
I have heard about it here but can't find it in what docs i have. When you are cutting something and you want to speed it up on the fly, I thought I heard if you hit the "Greater than" key, the key that looks like an arrowhead(?) just above the alt key on the bottom row of letters on the right side? While it is cutting though the cursor is locked into the stop button.

ckurak
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Jack,

Hold down the SHIFT key, then use the keys you mentioned.

SHIFT->
SHIFT-<

myxpykalix
01-22-2007, 08:49 AM
DOH !!!!!

Brady Watson
01-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Jack,
Keep in mind that ramping is NOT changed when you use this function...So, you will not want to increase the speed too much on the fly. For instance, if you start out cutting @ 2 IPS and use on the fly speed changing, and you bump it up to 5 IPS, you are going to get some hard hitting corners. But...if you stop the tool via 'S' key or spacebar and using the Insert function (MS) and change your speed that way, speeds AND ramping are changed for the entered speed. This is not really an issue when slowing down as it is when speeding up via < or >.
-B

myxpykalix
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Well for some reason that i don't understand yet ALL files i try to cut are set at 1.7 ips which whn i watch them cut seem too slow. If i have to cut a 1/2" deep it usually takes 4 passes at 1/8" per pass. I just need to get comfortable with going faster and deeper with my cuts but i'd rather be safe then sorry.

billp
01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Jack,
Is it possible you have your feed speed for those bits set at 1.7"in your tool data base? If so you can easily change that on a file to file basis.

myxpykalix
01-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Thats a possibility however what confuses me is when i go in to pick a tool and i pick say 1/4" endmill and for this example i set the stepdown to 1/4" per pass, then the next time i pick that tool is that same stepdown kept in the file?

bleeth
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Not unless you editied the tool database. If you modified it in the menu after you selected the tool it is only modified for that file.