PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Product

srwtlc
09-03-2003, 12:00 AM
This product looks interesting/prospective. Extira (http://www.craftmasterdoordesigns.com/pageBuild.asp?PageID=B_ext_e&UserID=A) I don't have a distributor close enough to me, but maybe some of you do. I'd be curious to know how it works and what the pricing is. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Scott

elcruisr
09-03-2003, 06:55 AM
I've got the samples, info and prices for me in central Florida. It does indeed look like a good product. Guarenteed for 5 years out in the weather and should go much longer with a good finish on it. It is similar to MDF but with a little courser texture. I have to order it from Georgia at around $45 a 4 x 8 x .75 plus trucking in unit lots. Hope they get a central florida dealer soon.

Eric

kerrazy
09-03-2003, 07:03 AM
I have a sample I have had sitting outside since may and t seems bullet proof so far, But I too am in a situation where I can not find a dealer near enough to me.

It looks like a good product and hopefully folks will start stocking it.
Dale

jkforney
09-03-2003, 08:26 AM
For those of you in the midwest, DSI has it.

John

bjwat@comcast.net
09-03-2003, 08:49 AM
It looks like the density is about the same as regular MDF, give or take a # or 2.

While comparing specs to MDF I found SIERRAPINE MDF....Which is still regular MDF, BUT it comes in thicknesses up to 2.25". I didn't know they sold MDF that thick.

-Brady

srwtlc
09-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Ouch! 2.25" MDF, I hoisted some 1" veneered MDF the other day and about blew a gasket. ;-)

Scott