View Full Version : Making files...

slayer
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I want to use the CNC to cut out some bass guitars that i want. I personnaly don't own one but i was wondering if i could write a program for one. instead of using the drawing software. :S i don't own drawing software either..

myxpykalix
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Sounds to me like you want to reinvent the wheel. You might ask some guys here who have some of the fancy software to make you a file for a fee, then ask if there is a shopbot owner close to you who would be willing to cut the files for you for a fee. You will be hours and dollars ahead doing it this way.

bill.young
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Andy,

If you've got a design in mind there are a bunch of free programs...Alibre Design Express come to mind... that you could use to try drawing your bass. Once you have the design the way you want it then you could probably find a ShopBotter near you to cut it for a reasonable price.

Bill

slayer
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Well lucky me i don't have to pay to have some one cut it cause am taking shop and i can just walk up and use the cnc anytime i want. :D its good to be the teachers pet. i will see if i can't download that software.