PDA

View Full Version : Moving a 96" Shopbot

groover@americanwoodsign.com
05-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi Everybody,
I will be moving sometime next month (June) and will have to tear down my PRT96 for the move. Any suggestions other than just reversing the assembly procedures? I will be using a 24 to 26 foot truck and packing it as full as I can get it so I need to conserve space but I also need to get it back together quickly so I don't lose too much production.
Any suggestions welcome.

Hugh Mahlendorf
American Wood Sign Company

gerald_d
05-26-2003, 01:47 PM
I would load it fully assembled, but I would lift the gantry and y-car slightly off the rails and support them on wooden blocks. Also put a block under the router to carry its weight directly onto the table. Stripping it down will require a lot more packaging and padding than leaving it assembled. You can pack a lot of other goods under and on the table.

papadaveinwy
05-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Hugh I have had to move my Bot once to Wyoming from Colorado and just a few days ago to Idaho when I sold it. What i did was pull off the Y car and then the x car leave these all in tacked, then support the cross table supports with saw horses, and unbolt them from the rails and legs, then in your truck stand up the table and cross rails as one piece then your I-beams with the legs and track next to that, just remember that the pvc strap that holds the wiring is easily broken as I left all the wiring and the strap on the x car and tied it down but when I went to straighten it out after the trip, well SNAP, the z's stay on the y car and if you pull the collet from your router then it will not protrude below the car, Hope this helps, I moved the entire bot inside and on top of a full sized Blazer had no problems. except I had to take the legs off.to put the rails on top of the Blazer. I used the Table and cross rails as a car top box, (Upside down) the x car and the Y with the z's went inside. David in Wyoming