PDA

View Full Version : BILL YOUNG!

myxpykalix
05-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Hello bill,
There was talk that possibly someone was going to write into the control software commands so that you could have your indexer spinning and have independant control of your X,Y,Z. I can see how this would help make some designs with certain bits far easier and less time consuming to make rather than carving the design with a ballnose bit. Has that been done yet or on the "to-do" list? thanks

bill.young
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey Jack,

It's not do-able in software but the newest controller cards have that feature. It's a direct swap with your current controller card but I don't know the details on cost, availability, etc...you'll have to call ShopBot to find out that stuff.

Bill

myxpykalix
05-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks bill i'll call and find out prices and decide if that and whatever other advantages I would get would be worth the price.

bill.young
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Jack,

Let me clarify. The newest control boards now have the ability to do the independent spinning of the axis that you want, but as far as I know the changes haven't been done in the firmware to control it yet. I don't have a timetable for when that will be added, but I don't believe it will be in this next control software release.

Bill

myxpykalix
05-23-2009, 04:51 AM
doesn't sound like there is much reason to upgrade the board till it will do what i want it to do. thanks