PDA

View Full Version : Terminology

sawkerf
09-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Is there a glossary of terms available online or elswhere that would help me familiarize myself a little before I pick up my SB in two weeks? I've read quite a few posts both here and on woodweb and the info is great, I think. I realize things will or should make more sense once I get it, but knowing what Santa's bringing in two weeks leaves me needin' somethin' to do with myself. Kip

billmaj
09-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Kip,
I had those same feelings when I was waiting for my machine. Give ShopBot a call and ask them if they can forward the software to you ahead of the machine. They did it for me and it really helped. However, there is a bad side to this. As many shopbotters will attest, once you begin this learning process your shopbot imagination will likely take over eating, sleeping etc, etc. Take a close look at some of times-of-day people post messages on this forum. I'm convinced some of them don't sleep very much if at all. All kidding aside, if they are able, I think ShopBot would help you if they can. And while you wait for your machine remember that many of us feel that the software is the key... the machine will only do what we tell it to do.

Good Luck

mikejohn
09-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Look at the time of my post.
It's actually just past eight in the morning, and I'm finishing my coffee before heading out to the workshop.
There are more time zones than exist in the USA!
Mike

bjenkins
09-29-2004, 03:42 AM
Kip,

You can download most of the documentation from the ShopBot sight. I got the Users Manual and all the setup stuff ahead of time. That really helped me be ready to set my machine up and know how to use it. Just got to the downloads area on their site.

sawkerf
09-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the advise. I did receive my manual and software last week. That helped alot. I'm leaving for Durham in the morning to pick up my SB and attend the training. Hopefully by mid-week or so I'll be effortlessly cutting extravagant peices and making bazillions of dollars with little or no effort on my part. Life will be so much easier next week! But if not, life will still be great and I'll have a cool new tool to play with! Thanks again, Kip