Thread: Router won't start - Help!

Default Router won't start - Help!

I'm sure that it's something simple but I can't figure it out. I cannot get the router to start! The software is engaged, I can move the tool, run a file - everything but get the router to run. I was cutting some parts just fine but needed to stop the process in order to re-size a couple of holes. Pressed the space bar and stopped it as it should. I reset the control box, reloaded the file, reset the Z axis zero - everything fine until I pressed the start button on the box - no router start-up. Shut everything down, started from the beginning and everything worked as it should except the start button. I can hear it click inside the box, but the router won't start. I plugged the router into another outlet and it works, so the problem isn't the router, but I can't figure this one out. Any Ideas?

Check the fuse in the box.

If it's clicking, it is trying to engage it, but if the fuse is blown, it won't run.
    Kenneth

Default Fuses Check Out

I checked the fuses (have two) and all appears normal. I'm getting power to and through the control box. I manually depressed the switches on contactors 1 & 2 with the power on and the router fired up. Released them and router stopped. All was working well prior to stopping the Bot for a couple of minutes to re-size my holes and make a new tool path.

You said it clunks when you hit the start button. All it does is power up those two big relays that you pushed the contactors in on.

For the weekend, I would just plug the router into a regular outlet and call shopbot Monday. Sometimes they will return calls on the weekend too though.

Kenneth
    Kenneth

Go figure! As mysteriously as it stopped working - it has started working. Can't tell you what I did to get it going, just kept trying and toggling the output switches on and off - then router noise! Must have been the way the clouds were blowing by today. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Guess someone was telling me that I really didn't need to get those parts cut today. We'll give it a go tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions Kenneth.