Thread: Odd pauses since 3.6.2 update

Default Odd pauses since 3.6.2 update

Ever since I updated the software on my prs alpha, I get strange random pauses during the job. Randomly, the sb will stop moving all together and pause for about 5-6 seconds after the spindle has come back up to z safe height before a move. It sometimes happens several times in a row and sometimes every few moves. Even during a single letter, it may do the outside profile of a letter, pause for 6 seconds and then do the inside profile.

I never had this happen at all with the old software and haven't really changed much in the way of settings.

Any help please?

Hello BPM,

The general forum may get you more response.

I just had what I thought was a SB software problem following an upgrade. Based on some recent discussions, I added more RAM to my PC and it went away. The other frequent cause of these types of problems is not updating the firmware "even when not prompted to". These are probably the two easiest steps as a starting point.

Are you processing quite a large file?

It sounds like it's pausing while it buffers the next part of the file.

Did you check your comm speed for your PC to the controller? Does it do this on all your files? Does sound like a buffer or slow comm issue. I get slight delay when doing large 3d files but I am not using the newest version of the control software. I think I run 3.5.18 version. It works great on my PRS standard so I am using the good ole saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" as far as updating the shopbot control software. Can you go back to previous version you were running and see if it is still there?