Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typesetter

donna@shopbottools.com Guest

Default Typesetter

How many of you have used the typesetter option in the ShopBot Software? Has anyone come up with any projects to use the typesetter with? I'm still looking for school projects and would like to hear ways you have incorporated the typesetter program with one of your projects.

Thanks!

Hi Donna,

Other than the occasional sign or name board, one thing I used it for was to make up a file for a "Custom Crafted By" signature for placing somewhere on my projects before assembly. I use the windows version though because there is more control over spacing and it lets you see what it will look like. I have one problem with it though, since I rebuilt my shop computer I get a "Run time error 53, file not found" message when I try to generate a file. If Anyone knows what system file I may be missing I would greatly appreciate knowing. One other thing that would be great is to be able to do paragraph text with the same appearance as Typesetter for on plaques, without having to piece together separate files for each line.

Scott

Scott
    Check out the 30 day demo of Vcarvz available on Vectorcam.com. It is typesetter on steroids and a non crippled version good for 30 days is available. It can do text as you want.

John Forney

John,

I've tried that a little as time has provided, but haven't been able to check it out fully. I did notice I get a error on line so and so with a file made from vector and also some real jerky movement with a file that did load. I may be wrong, but you still can't do paragraph text can you?

Scott

jmw60010@yahoo.com Guest

I am trying to use the Typesetter to create a plaque with seven lines of text. I figured that the best way to do this would be to create each line as a separate file then use the editor to combine the files. My problem is that I can't figure out how to offset the origin for each new line so that they don't end up being cut on top of each other.

From what I understand, Vector 9 does True Type fonts. Would this project be a piece of cake if I upgrade to 9?

ron_cleaver Guest

Jay,

You should get the latest version tts.zip from http://members.aol.com/tesarna/

It allows you to save a file that can be imported into vector (with a .txt extension). Then you can use Vector's features to place each line of text where you want it.

gordon@shopbottools.com Guest

Jay,

To run the lines of text using a part file to position them, you need to use the 2-D offset option in the FP command. This option is the 5th parameter after the filename and for 2-D offset has a value of 2. An example call using the 2-D offset,

FP,S_sblogo.sbp,,,,,2

Insert a line like this with the appropriate filename in it for each line of text after a J2 to get you to the right start position.

Bill G Guest

Can typesetter be used to generate letters down the X axis rather than the Y. Is there a quick and easy fix to this?

rgbrown@itexas.net Guest

You should be able to rotate the text. I saw that done at the Texas CampBot.

Ron

rgbrown@itexas.net Guest

Bill,

Sorry, I am thinking Parts Wizzard.

To rotate text in typesetter one would need to convert the file to "DXF", then rotate in a CAD program and then convert to SBP file. This is a little more involved than most folks would care to do but, it can be done.

Ron