Thread: Need a 3D cut file designed and created from artwork

Default Need a 3D cut file designed and created from artwork

Guys and Gals,

I have a special request. I had a very good friend pass away last month. He was a manager at a local brew pub and restaurant. He was a BIG beer enthusiast and helped moderate a forum on beer that was (is) nationally known. He was an impressive young man. He had achieved a HUGE amount in his 33 years...

In his honor, his co-workers and employer are naming a beer he had been working on after him. A wonderful local artist has devised a stylish and attractive caricature of him to grace the label for the beer.

In his honor, I would like to cut a moderately sized 3D relief of the label and to present it at a dinner in his honor toward the end of the month.

My request: I am NOT ready to do this intricate a 3D design. I am More than willing to get a custom piece of lumber and prep it for this cut,and to do an intricate cut - even if it is a 30-40 or whatever hour cut. no problem. I just need to find someone who cantake the jpeg or dxf and help me by creating a cut file. I am happy to pay them a fee. I want to jump on this opportunity to pay tribute to a really fine guy. And I need a special person to help me. Someone who has good artistic and technical skills who can take a look at the design and let me know what they think they can do and what they would recommend - and to tell me what they think their time and effort is worth. This guy was my friend and I want to do something special... and I need a special person's assistance.... but I don't expect them to work for free.

Send me a PM if you can help. Please. I know my limitations and I am not willing to do a halfways job on this. I want somone good to help me out here.... let me know if you can assist.

I will send you a jpeg or dxf at your request.... I am thinking of a wooden plaque of maybe 16" diameter with maybe 1+inch max thickness out of ???maple????

Thanks

Monty

Thanks Gene.

Sent them a message. And to one of our list members, as well.

Monty