Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made In Canada Camp ShopBot

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Yeah Dale, Nice Job!

It was great to meet you guys in Canada and see how the other half lives!

-Brady

Jeff B Guest

Thanks Dale for holding a great camp,I sure did learn alot about my machine and new ideas for finishing as well some great ideas from Bill. Again many thanks to all who contributed and I look forward to next year.

Jeff Banton

Mr.Stanfeild Guest

Dale you had a great showing and I was glad to be able to make it, I enjoyed Mr. Palumbo’s camps very much and did not have the opportunity make it to Mr.Forney’ camp but attended Mr. Lock’s camp.
    You gentleman take the time to show us the methods and skills it takes to be one of you and I commend you all.
    I cannot say I am a true shopbotter but I am willing to take the baby steps to get me there and am willing to do what it takes to get to a level to where I can be able to make a living.
    The company I worked for just was sold out and I had the opportunity to buy the machine at a very good price and I and a friend are in the process of getting a building to make a go of it.
    My question to all the great camps is we need some training and in a hurry.
    After spending time on the camps that our company spent going to all the camps me and my partner came across the R&G training, we are in Texas not far from them, do you think it will be a good investment to call them or look for training elsewhere?.

Mr. Stanfeild
    GM/Operations
    Westfield Dist.

rgbrown@itexas.net Guest

Mr. Stanfield,

I tried to contact you by E-mail but, you don't have it. I could find only two refrences to "Westfield" and Texas in a Google search. One was to a Civil War ship and the other is a School or town near Houston.

If you were at the Texas CampBot, you had the opportunity to meet "Mr. R & G". He did not make a presentation on the first day but was scheduled to be there the second day. I think he did not show in that day.

I reget I can't remember meeting you at either Bill Palumbo's Camp or the one at Wayne Locke's place in Austin.

Ron Brown

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Hey Ron,
    Are you going to come up to Bill's Camp this year? I met you before I had my Bot and remember that you had a lot of really good tips and tricks that I think would benefit a lot of people.

-------------

Mr. Stanfield,
    If you can make it down to Bill's Camp this year, I am sure that it will be well worth your while. A lot of seasoned Shopbotters come to this event and the amount of information that is exchanged is great. It's like a mini Jamboree in that sense. What kind of training are you looking for? Software? Material holding?

-Brady

rgbrown@itexas.net Guest

Brady,

I just took a job - the first time I've worked for someone else in years, and am not sure I can take off. Right now I am "Botless" but I am working to cure the problem.

As usual, I have a whole bunch of things to try and see if these wild toolpaths I dream up actually WILL make the parts I intend them to make.

I'll have to look at resources and time to go to Bill P's meet. I will also need to ask my boss's permission. I think he is expecting me to work... Bosses are like that you know.

Ron

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Ron...I'm shocked...Botless???

I hope that things turn around for you soon...You have too much talent to go back to the salt mines!

-Brady

Charles Carter Guest

Many thanks Dale for hosting the camp. I learned quite a bit and now lean towards owning a Shopbot.
    I met a lot of "Botters" who were very helpful, as was yourself. It was well worth the trip. When I'm in Ottawa again I'll stop in and see you.

Regards
    Charlie