Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th New Jersey Camp Shopbot !!!

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Yep,
    I'll be there. Let me know via e-mail if you have a specific interest with the plasma Bot.

Thanks,
    Brady

Bill,

It turns out the "weekend" rate at Enterprise is for picking up a car on Friday afternoon and returning it Monday morning, at a local (i.e. non-airport) location. The local locations are not open on Sunday. This may make it worthwile for those with extra time to stay over 'til Monday, but it won't work for me, as I am leavin' on a jet plane on Sunday.

Thanks anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing you and the hordes on the 18th.

DaV

"Campers",
    If anyone is planning to attend the Camp and wants to connect with other 'Botters to share rides, hotel rooms, let me know pronto. Maybe we can facilitate things...

For those of you who are directionally challeged; at last year's Camp Ed Coleman pinpointed the location of the shop on his GPS gizmo.
    We are EXACTLY at;
    Latitude- 39.59.445' North

Longitude-74.16.275' West

bearwood@bearwood.biz Guest

Hey Bill,

I was hoping to get down to you for this camp, but looks like it won't happen, swamped routing by hand! I'm in MA, but my Parents retired in Toms River, off 37 & Mule Rd, so I'm down your way a few times a year. I'm just setting up my PRT96, and I have to come up with a vaccum table that will hold many 5"x15" boards, allowing me to route circle pockets, and then edge trim 2 sides square. I have some ideas, but wanted to see your setup. I hope I can hook up with you at some point.

- John Bilotti
    BEARWOOD
    Tyngsboro, MA bearwood@bearwood.biz

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

John,
    If you can...try to get to the camp. You will be glad that you did and learn a LOT of techniques...especially if you are a newbie.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

-Brady

John,
    We'll be doing a segment on vacuum jigs again this year at the Camp. Your rig sounds interesting. Try to get a picture when you can, and post it here on the Forum.
    If you can't make it to the Camp, stop by anytime you're going to be in the area. Your parents live about 3 miles from my shop....Bill

bearwood@bearwood.biz Guest

Hey Bill & Brady, thanks for the replys, it's great knowing there is a nice user community out there.
    It sounds like I cannot afford to miss this camp, I guess product will have to ship a bit late this month, and I'll plan to come down for the weekend. If I can get closer to using the Shopbot for producton, it will help so much in the long run.

I will plan on bringing some samples of what I need to get the Shopbot to do in order to prep the stock for the laser cutter. Please let me know if there is anything additional you would like me to bring.

Thanks guys,

- John

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

John,
    Glad to hear you are coming down!

Just bring you & maybe a notepad to jot down contact info and ideas that are going to jump out at you.

-Brady

Last minute thoughts...
    For those of you attending two things might come in handy; a camera, and your business cards. Usually there are pieces that you want to look at after the Camp is over, and a few digital pix will cover that nicely. We'll also be trying to network a few of you with similar interests and business cards mean you won't go home with a pocket full of donut wrappers that have important phone numbers on them..
    Latest forecast is "possibility of showers". If that is the case we'll be a little crammed in for the "Show and Tell" session, so again, I'll ask you to refrain from dragging your entire inventory with you. We're hoping to get some of you to TELL us how you do your work this year at that session...
    I'll try to keep one computer connected for e-mail during the next few days, but things will start getting hectic as the first Campers are expected in tomorrow...If you can't reach me by phone,leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible...