Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4th New Jersey Camp Shopbot !!!

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

As a side note to all of you who are attending Gene Marshall's 'Indexer mini camp' on Friday. I spoke to Gene yesterday and he said that it will start at 12 noon Friday (tomorrow). He is about 20-30min from Bill's shop.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Bill's on Saturday!

-Brady

Camp report....
    The last Campers have just loaded up and started their trips home. There were over 50 people attending this year's version from Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New England, etc.etc., and I think it was probably the best Camp we've done so far. A lot of people had information to offer/exchange, and with the exception of wolfing down a LOT of donuts and pizza there were NO breaks in the action...
    Good show and tell items, and a lot of information on HOW the pieces were done this time. A few companies sent in demo CD's and promo material. Shopbot provided everyone with goodies to take home, and we had plenty of door prizes as well.
    Hard to say what the highlight of the weekend was, but I'd probably vote for Bob Dodd's tubular lithophane of the leaning tower of Pisa, OR Bill Young's absolutely amazing "etch a sketch" gizmo that was drawing designs for us as we set up other presentations.
    Ted Hall gave us a real tour of the new Windows software,(which has now been released on the web site..), and Brady Watson demonstrated how to make molds of just about anything.
    We had many new faces this year, and they got to meet some of the "regulars" who have been to our previous sessions. Hopefully these connections will go on long after this weekend...
    I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the weekend, and to Shopbot for their assistance in making it possible.....Bill P.

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Bill & ShopBot,
    Thanks for hosting the event. I think that it was one of the best shows yet that I've been to. It was great to meet so many new people and exchange ideas and technologies with the regulars. The show and tell part was great since we actually got to share techniques instead of just praising the work.

Thanks!
    Brady

vg@epix.net Guest

Bill & everyone,
    Thanks so much for all the information this weekend. John and I knew we were interested in a shopbot but had no clue to it's seemingly endless possibilities!!!!! We both hope that by spring we too will have one. I find it so exciting that we finally have found what seems to be a wonderful community of helpful and friendly creative people. That are not afraid to share ideas and mistakes to save others time. Hopefully sometime in the near future we can return the favor to all of you. Hope to see you all next year at camp 5!!!! Thanks for everything Francine Gay

P.S. Mr. Dodd your leaning tower of Pisa blew me away!!!!

Bill, Ted, Bill, et al,

Thanks for a terrific show this past weekend. I'm glad I was able to attend. It's always inspiring to see what other ShopBotters are doing.
    Bill P, you are most gracious to open up your shop for the weekend - I know how much work it is.

Thanks again,
    David B.

garyn Guest

I too would like to thank both Bills and ShopBot for this great weekend camp session in NJ. It is great to know that we have a great fellowship and community of "botters" who are willing to share their wisdom and experience with others. That is what makes it so great. It was good to see the regulars and the newbies. Thanks again to everyone who made a contribution, and everyone did.

garyn Guest

Did anyone get some pics of Bob Dodd's Leaning Tower of Pizza? Sure would like to have a copy if you did. Thanks in advance.

ALL Camp pix wanted....If anyone else took some shots at the NJ Camp please forward them on to me or Nancy at Shopbottools.com please. In particular some shots of Bob Dodd's turnings, and Bill Imschweiler's home made vacuum clamps... Thanks..Bill P.

Bob Dodd's Leaning Tower looks quite impressive in the Camp photos.

Does anyone know what type and thickness material he used for his illuminated Leaning Tower of Pisa? How wide and tall is it? How did he hold it on the indexer? What software did he use to create it? And, how did he light it?

Very nice work. :-)

Camp photos?