Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Camp Shopbot

jaum@adelphia.net Guest

John,
    just finished a copy of the "Forney Vac table". Even without the gasket material and the Fein vac both of which I've ordered it works great. Talked with your man John Murphy at All Star and per your prediction, the man was extremely helpful. Once I have the gasget material in, and a couple of superimposed part jigs I'll send you a jpg. Size of the base unit is 36" x 24" and even with a simple shopvac the hold down power is terrific. One of the best ideas I've seen. Thanks

John,
    Hats off to you for a great camp, I only wish I could have been there for the entire time. I will definitely be making a copy of the Forney vac table. I'm still using the Generation one table you designed about 2 yrs ago. I did happen to miss the supplier for the gasket material however. Thanks for the tip on my jog speed. Seems to have corrected my overtravel problem.
    Still trying to tweak my inlay problem. My cut out piece seems to be oversized by the diameter of my bit. My vector units are set at .00004 and my pocket doesn't seem to change at all by adjusting feed rate percentage. I am rounding my corners by bit radious befor offsetting bot pieces
    I am getting real close by ofsetting my cut out piece to the inside by1/32nd.

Thanks

Bill

Bill
    The gasket supplier is
    Allstar Adhesive Products Inc.
    30 Cutler Street
    Warren, RI 02885

1-800-878-7827
    www.allstaradhesives.com
    John Murphy Owner

In Vector set the line thickness to the diameter of the bit. See if you have a gap or overlap in the drawing. Vector has some problems with the inlay or at least I have had some problems. I have done inlays in it but it isn't easy. If you are still having problems I suggest Vectors forum. It is http://www.imsrv.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi. Also you can send the file to me and I'll give it a go.

John Forney

ArtCams inlay wizard takes care of the mess of creating inlays. However it is a jump in software cost.

2nd Annual Midwest Camp Shopbot

I have scheduled the 2nd Camp Shopbot in my shop for September 19 and 20, 2003. All the information on motels and directions are the same as in the above messages (nothing much changes in Downtown Edison Ohio).

Please start sending me requests for things to be shown and included. Plan on bringing your best stuff to show off. So far we have demos for Rhino, millwizard, artcam pro, artcam 2d and PartWizard. The programs will be available to use at the Camp.

Ken, maybe you would be able to do more Corel draw stuff?

Anyway, let me know if you plan to attend for food and drink stuff.

John Forney

jaum@adelphia.net Guest

John, I wouldn't miss one of your camps. I'll be there! Would like to see the new version of ArtCamPro (6) to see if it is worth the dollars compared to 5.5

jaum@adelphia.net Guest

John,

Just had another thought after responding to your camp ShopBot note. Has anyone figured out how to leave the shopbot running when you leave then turn off the router when the program is complete. I've considered putting an on/off button (connecting the porter cable to it) and attaching it to one point of the x rails (outside the area you are currently cutting) then modifying the cutting program to move x and y to a position that hits the switch and cuts the power to the router before going back to the home position.

Anyone done this or have a better idea. My wife is getting tired of me coming in at midnight (or later) waiting for a program to finish.

bjwat@comcast.net Guest

Jim,
    There is a schematic in your ShopBot shop manual that shows how to create a relay for turning things off and on. You can use the relay in conjuncion with your router and one of your output switches in the control box...No need to reinvent the wheel.

-Brady

jay_mack1@hotmail.com Guest

Brady,

Where at in the ShopBot manual?

Stickman

gkling Guest

Jim,
    Use either output 1 or 2, I use 2; and hook up a relay switch using the output to turn on and off the router. Then just put: SO, 2,1 to turn on the router and : SO, 2,0 to turn off the router. Add these lines of code at the beginning and end respectively of your cutting file. This is for output 2 this works very well, I use it almost all the time.
    Jerry

jaum@adelphia.net Guest

Thanks Brady and Gerald, I'm with stickman, Can't find it in the manual. What section is it in? I understand the connection part to the shopbot computer, and the programming commands but still at a loss on where the schematic is. I assume you need to purchase the relay somewhere, and suggestions. Apologies in advance for being a little think on this thing. If I can get this working it would be great. Can you train it to turn the coffee pot on and off???