Thread: A to Z Dust Collection Valve

Default A to Z Dust Collection Valve

As I work towards getting a Dual Z installed on my 9660, one of the problems is getting dust collection switched between the 2 axis'.

Here is couple pics of the beta version of a valve that uses a SMC air operated rotary actuator to swap the upper dust hose from the collector between the Z and A dust foot hoses.

The valve will operate using control board outputs into a solenoid valve that will move the valve plate to the axis that is cutting.

33010.jpg
    33011.jpg

Parts were cut from 1/2" solid PVC and 4" OD acrylic tube. Top tube swivels in valve plate as to not kink the hose. Ground wires will be added when permanently installed.
    Gary

Gary,

I had the same problem, my setup had the manual gate valves allready that I changed manually....So I added a pneumatic actuator and a couple of valves, I modified the Z & A posts to open and close the gates for Z & A dust foot.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...tml?1206406581

Paul

Hi Paul..
    My first "doorskin ply mockup" was a clone of your design, but my machine is too close to the wall to allow that method to work for me. I only have 2" or less between my dust hose and the wall. I had the gate valves and cylinder on hand, and wanted to go that way.

If I understand the PRS control board outputs correctly, I shouldn't have to modify the postP to accomplish valve operation. Output 2 will change the valve to A position from its normal (Z) position. When output 2 switches off, valve returns to Z. When either output 1 or 2 switches on, the dust collection relay will energize. There will be an auto/off switch on the gantry for the DC.
    Thanks for the ideas!
    Gary

Gary,

Mine was also created by the box of bits on hand.

I modified the post so that it writes the correct Output when I select either the Z or A post in Partworks.

Paul