Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YOU price these signs!

Default YOU price these signs!

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nierOBGYNL.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nierOBGYNS.jpg[/IMG]

The first is a 4 x 8 and the second a 2 x 8. The proposal is for routed single-sided and painted 1 1/2" HDU signs with changeable name panels (reverse routed on 1/2" HDU panels), mounted on smooth sawn painted cedar post. The horizontal "beam" you see under the signs is not really a beam, but an extension of the 6mm Polymetal backing boards, glued to the HDU with Gorilla glue.

Post to be set in Quickrete. Signs are attched to post via nailers on the inside back of the post. Installs are within 12 miles of the shop. I can tell you that the total cost of materials for me to make both signs and install them is $1,600.00. Any questions? Ok, price 'em up!

Oh yeah, just for kicks, here's a pic of one of the signs they are wanting to replace:

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...anierOBGYN.jpg[/IMG]

Have you never seen a more gorgeous sign? LOL!

Hello, what was the total machining time on this sign.If you don't mine me asking.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Ben, to cut the panels on my old Bot, maybe 8 hours total including the name panels. Then ya gotta paint them. Plus ya gotta custom cut the cedar post, sand 'em nice and pretty, and prime and paint 'em. They are 6 x 6's. Gotta machine them by hand with a skill saw and hand router. Bottom "wraps" on the post is table saw and miter saw work.

Hi, I was trying get And Idea ,I'm a cabinet maker, so all my software is geared towards that , and I can appreciate the labor involved as well...all those little things add up.I use autocabinets from Routercad,then Import the DFX into Enroute wood 3.3 where it does an automatic toolpathing and nesting.It'really works great .So now I'm experimenting cutting some 2.5 D reliefs and lettering.Thank for the Info
    Ben

Alright you sign makers out there,...what's your price?

Hello mark ,another off topic question,What type of paint do you use on the HDU foam, Automotive types,I would thing it would need to stand up to UV rays.I know this can be a problem clear coating exterior doors.
    Thanks again ,
    Ben

Ben, in this case I will use Behr exterior latex enamel for the green background and OneShot Metallic Brass enamel for the "goldish" copy color. The post will be primed then painted with either Behr Pure Black latex or Porter DTM acrylic. Probably the Porter, as I have almost a gallon left over from another job.

$100-$150 sq ft + install, and tool rental like post hole auger etc . 50% down payment , and the rest bevore you deliver to install.
    Bot on

If you break this down into it's Material, Labor, Overhead and Profit components, I would estimate the price around $5,900. You can plug your own numbers into the attached spreadsheet.

Pricing with the square foot method assumes that all square feet cost you the same to produce. It doesn't account for any components that could cost significantly more. Your mileage may vary. Thanks Mark for raising a great topic.
    Jobcost Spreadsheet

Jobcost.xls (16.4 k)