Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Chrismas, Shopbotters (Free Stocking Stuffer)

Default Merry Chrismas, Shopbotters (Free Stocking Stuffer)

I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas season. I have visions of hundreds of SBs around the world pumping untold thousands of wonderful presents. Surely, Santa's shop has 3-4 SBs going 24/7 this time of year.

I have really appreciated the positive responses I have recieved from the folks in these forums. When I finally retire from the military, finish with my business plan, and get my shop up and running, it will be with increased confidence, knowing that this assembly of fanatics is so close at hand.

I'd like to show my appreciation by giving you all a present...

A short time ago, I got the notion to make photopolymer rubber stamps. Mostly for my children to play with, but also as a potential source of income. The over head was low, and the proccess seemed pretty straight forward. While I have all but discarded the notion as a business, I still enjoy making and selling stamps on a small scale.

I'd like to make a stamp for each of you. They're great for marking small wood products with your logo or name, and when combined with embossing powder, they look great on stationary and business cards.

I'll make them up to 2" x 2", mount them on 1/4" clear plexi, and send them off to you in an envelope (even to S.Africa). send me an email at jemelby@yahoo.com. Here are the guidlines:

• Resolution should be 600 DPI minimum.• Image can be color, or greyscale but overall black and white. (a little antialiasing is fine.)• Image should have a clean, crisp black and white appearance.• A 2x2, 600 DPI .bmp weighs around 4MB, while a minimally compressed .jpg is only ~300K. I can only get 1MB attachments, so keep this in mind. An over compressed .jpg doesn't work very well.• Fairly fine detail is achievable, but bold is better.• For simple text stamps like adresses, just send the lines you want on the stamp, and what font you'd like. No image required.• Just so no one gets overlooked, or lost in my spam folder, I'll go with a triple check system:• Post a message here stating that you sent an order.• Put "Shopbot" in the subject.• look for a confirmation reply in 24 hours.
    There are no stings attached to this at all. Honest.

Please, one stamp each, and I'll have to check your "Join Date" to ensure that it is pre-Pearl Harbor Day.

Merry Christmas!

James,

I sent you an E-mail.

Jay

I thought more of you would jump on this. So far, only one guy has.

Well James, that's very generous! The offer is very cool but I just can find time and a good pic to send you... anyway, you should be busy getting prepared for your new tool!?

Happy holidays to you too!

James, you have mail.

Sure, I'd like a stamp (and I did register two days before pearl harbour day I believe
    ) but only if I can reimburse you, at the very least for the intl postage. This under the condition that it's under 50 grams, they charge bastard rates cross-ocean for anything over that, at least from this end.

Henrik;

I'd be glad to make you a stamp, even though you are a swede :-P

I'll just send the rubber part. I am sure you have plenty of wood scraps to mount it on. There is wood in sweden, right?

just e-mail me the text or graphics or what ever you'de like to have on the stamp.

5640.jpg

James-You have mail
    Dave

I have three stamps ready to mail... just need addresses, please.

5649.jpg
    5650.jpg
    5651.jpg

James
    You have mail ( I actually renamed you Jamie,sorry

What I want to know is, if all these children are waking up to my rocking horses on Christmas morning, being told there from Santa, why do I have to lug the 120 lbs around?
    James, you have more mail. I forgot my address!!!.
    ........Mike