Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New shop ideas

I live in southeast Ga and have a 24'x48' X 12' high walls pole barn structure with 24'x24' of it enclosed with a slab and the other half open with dirt floor for my tractor/boat/junk. I'm about to enclose the entire 24'x48' of it and put a 20' lean-to on the back of it the full 48' in length. I have rolled fiberglass insulation under the roof only (which helps alot with radiant heat) and plan on getting the walls sprayed with foam and A/C installed. I don't care if the A/C costs 5x as much as the whole building, that is a main priority and I'm gonna be cool when I'm working. These humid suffocating 110-115 degree heat index days are for the birds.
    I have a 10' wide roll up door on the end of one long side of the building now and plan on putting a 12' wide roll up door on the end of the newly enclosed portion for loading/unloading sheet goods directly from the back of my truck or forklift to a rolling table inside the shop.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarwes View Post
    I live in southeast Ga and have a 24'x48' X 12' high walls pole barn structure with 24'x24' of it enclosed with a slab and the other half open with dirt floor for my tractor/boat/junk. I'm about to enclose the entire 24'x48' of it and put a 20' lean-to on the back of it the full 48' in length. I have rolled fiberglass insulation under the roof only (which helps alot with radiant heat) and plan on getting the walls sprayed with foam and A/C installed. I don't care if the A/C costs 5x as much as the whole building, that is a main priority and I'm gonna be cool when I'm working. These humid suffocating 110-115 degree heat index days are for the birds.
    I have a 10' wide roll up door on the end of one long side of the building now and plan on putting a 12' wide roll up door on the end of the newly enclosed portion for loading/unloading sheet goods directly from the back of my truck or forklift to a rolling table inside the shop.
    I agree!! now if only the would hook up the A/C in the new houses before I install there cabinets
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

New shop.jpg
    Poring slab Monday
    www.TLCW.us

Congrats Tim and good luck with the pour! How many square feet will the new shop be?
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

Tim…
    Wow, the slab is so big it makes you look small!

SG

Congrats Tim....tell the kids to get their rollerblades ready for the new rink you built them
    HOPING the rain holds off until power trowels are done, and surface "kicks".....HATE "raindrop" finished floors!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 12.0*
    Maine

IMG_20160926_131544703.jpg
    All went good! Slab complete and the rain stayed away, Thanks Scott!

Keith I will have a total of 5200 sq feet under roof, the main shop will be 3200 with a finish room of about 280 or 12' x 24' and a equipment room the same size for noisy stuff like vac hold and air compressor and dust collector and some storage. Then I left a space outside for my tractor and such.

Steve, I do look small in that picture don't I :-)

Oh, that's my grandson giving a final inspection of the fence chairs
    www.TLCW.us

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Lucas View Post
    IMG_20160926_131544703.jpg
    All went good! Slab complete and the rain stayed away, Thanks Scott!

Keith I will have a total of 5200 sq feet under roof, the main shop will be 3200 with a finish room of about 280 or 12' x 24' and a equipment room the same size for noisy stuff like vac hold and air compressor and dust collector and some storage. Then I left a space outside for my tractor and such.

Steve, I do look small in that picture don't I :-)

Oh, that's my grandson giving a final inspection of the fence chairs
    Congrats Tim! Thats similar to what I have in size, it might seem like a lot but its easy to fill up, lol.. Its actually a really good size shop, between 5 and 6K sq feet.

I remember how big my shop looked before I bought in all the equipment, and benches, and carts etc.

Default New shop update

New shop completed and all inspections done, now to find the time to move the machines in
    Shop 2.jpgShop 1.jpg
    www.TLCW.us

Congrats Tim!!!
    Can't wait to see your layout
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 12.0*
    Maine