Thread: Loosing Zero

Default Loosing Zero

I find that if I hit the STOP button on the screen I loose zero in whatever axis it is moving in. This is a real pain when trying to adjust and test cuts, not wanting to run through the entire file after you see if your adjustment has worked.
    Is there any way to fix this? Adjusting ramping maybe? Space bar instead of he STOP?

Yes, when you hit the emergency STOP you will lose your settings. If you hit the spacebar, it is more of a PAUSE control which will allow you to resume the file.

There is one method that i use in case i lose my Zero.
    First I C3 to find lower left 0,0 on table.

Then I move carrige/bit to my start point on material (for me it is usually center of material).
    I then take the X,Y coordinates in the console and write them down.

Then i Zero my X,Y

I start running my file. If for some reason i lose my Zzero I go back and C3 then move the carrige to the coordinates you wrote down earlier. You should then be back to your oeiginal Zzero starting point. You have to reset your Z height before restarting too.
    There is a different method using an offset within the fillin sheet but you know the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" so this is the way i do it.

Roger,

Your scenario reminded me of something that I found while working with the Beta versions. It's been awhile now and I can't remember for sure, but I found that if you, for instance, started a jog or move and interrupted it by clicking the "Stop" button on screen with the mouse, the machine would stop so abruptly that it could cause a loss of position (this wouldn't happen with the spacebar or "S" key). My PRS Alpha would slam to a stop so hard that I was sure something was going to be misaligned. Being an Alpha with 7.2's it didn't loose position, but I swear that it slid on the floor when it happened after a 20in/sec jog stop! I reported this problem to support and it has since been fixed as far as I can tell. So if you aren't using the latest version, it might be worth a try to update and check it again.

Scott,
    I am using ver. 3.5.5
    So you think the new version fixes this?

I think so Roger. It was during the beta versions after 3.5.5 that I noticed it and it was fixed before the lockdown release of 3.5.9 (at least with my machine). I'd give it a try. I have no doubt that positional loss could have happened because it was quite a violent stop!

Just a note for others reading this, this only happened when clicking the flashing "Stop" button with the mouse.

Scott