Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best wood for signmaking?

All your advice is absolutely right re: friends however I should have better explained that it is more of a barter situation only what i might get in return (backhoe, tree service, ect) I don't need now but may in the future.

Part of the reason i'm willing to do this is, for example, i'm building a toybox for a former shopbot owner who has taught me more in the last 2 months than i would ever learn on my own in 2 years. I'm learning thru trial and error lots of stuff thru his help and all of yours. And in return i'm happy to do it.
    Since before i owned the shopbot i started asking questions (over 300 now!) and almost all have been answered by several people. I have the luxury of having my shopbot paid for and don't have to work to make payments.

When i was talking about the silcone caulk i meant only to seal the edges after all work was done. I suppose you could smear a coat of silicone all over the sign after work was done but i'm not sure what that would look like.

I'm going to copy this thread and let him know what this sign is worth! I may not even make it, you know how it is when people find out you can do something..."make me this"..."make me that". Then when they find out how much it costs to produce something (minus any profit for you)...."nevermind!"
    I will post any progress I make. Right now i'm working on some wainscoting and last night was ready to hit my computer with a hammer! Live and learn...

I went and checked out those links and the work they do is fantastic!! But the best one was this guy from normansignco, some guy name Joe. I wonder if he would let me be his apprentice? lol.

Where do i sign up for sign making class?